5981 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Proliant DL 380 G8 Over Temp

ahmedsamimahdi
Occasional Contributor

HP Proliant DL 380 G8 Over Temp

Greetings,

We have a problem with HP Proliant DL 380 G8 when we plug an HP 1GB P-series Smart Array Flash Backed Write Cache  631679-B21 the server start over- temp,

we pluged out the Smart Array and the server acts normally, further we made full server diagnosticcs and the result was clear,

what possibly caused the problem and what option we have to fix it,

Regards,

Ahmed Sami

Mob: 00964-7705369974

4 REPLIES 4
VelocityTracy
Advisor

Hi Ahmed,
I would assume with your DL380p G8 you're still under warranty...you do not specify what your diagnostics said so I cannot help any more than to say you could try ordering a 631679-b21 under warranty and see if that's all it is. Any more information? At what point is it overheating? Thanks!
New here but not new to the Industry and Love to help!
ahmedsamimahdi
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for reply,

Any other possible solutions ?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

It might help others respond if we know actually what you mean by over-temp.

Is the server halting?

Messages displayed in IML

Messages displayed in iLO log

Messages from OS

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
FreekdenBeer
Occasional Visitor

Dear Ahmed,

I experience the same problem. Server booting normally and running okay without 1GB FBWC 631679-B21.

After installing the module and pressing Power Button, front server heartbeat LED goes to Amber blinking and fans are running very low for a moment. After a few seconds server stops and OverTemp LED goes to constant Yellow.

The specific LED's on the FBWC board do not give any LED status (they remain off).

After removing the  FBWC server starts normal.

I will investigate further and hopefully find a solution.

Regards,

Freek

24-12-2015

Addition. FBWC was defect, tested with other boards and they work okay. Be aware of the fact that the plastic levarage mechanism is quite weak. I noticed a piece of plastic was broken of and this can result in not fitting the module correctly.