1 REPLY 1
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Proliant DL 385 G1

hi

you will need to get into BIOS - pressing F9
Server Availability -> POST F1 Prompt

POST F1 Prompt
The POST F1 Prompt option is a toggle setting that configures the server so the F1 key must be pressed to proceed when an error is encountered during the power-up sequence. A series of system tests executes during POST before continuing with the following:

- If failures occur that allow the system to continue operating, the system continues to boot but posts a message.

- If critical components fail or are missing, the server attempts to boot. If it can boot, it posts a message and an F1 prompt.

--- If Enabled is selected and an error occurs, the system stops at the F1 prompt until the F1 key is pressed, before continuing to boot.
--- If Delayed is selected and an error occurs, the system pauses for 20 seconds at the F1 prompt, and then continues to boot the OS.
- If the system cannot run with the missing or failed components, it halts until those components are replaced.

NOTE: The POST F1 Prompt setting is enabled by default in ProLiant ML and DL servers and is disabled by default in BL servers.

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!