7766 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Proliant DL120 G7 Server problem with optical Drive

gerrydevlin1
Occasional Visitor

HP Proliant DL120 G7 Server problem with optical Drive

Hello Everyone

I am almost embarresed to post this message and i hang my head in shame.

Trying to build my new G7 Server and i cant see where i connect the optical Drive.

i have looked at g6 models and similar other models but the G7 is very different

There are only 2 sata ports on the motherboard the cable can reach too ,however its more

the power connector ,on other models it connects to a plug from the Power socket p3 or p7 etc

however this is a 4 pin connector and the only spare power connenctors are sata type connections and not compatible

so where do i plug or attach the power connector for the optical drive ??

ive looked at manuals for this server but they do not show where i connect them on the motherboard

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Jags_21
HPE Pro

Hi,

Do not worry everyone at some stage would have struggled for some or the things, HP is here with very good documentation, you need to just use the right words to search.

Click here for the service manaul and refer the page 36.

Thanks,

Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

sjkuti

I refered to page 36 but still can't figure out where the power supply backplane is to plug in the power to the optical drive.

pramodss

Check the link below - Its a power connector cable coming from the back of the power supply. Look below th etangle of cables. Its labeled P3 on a DL120 g7 server.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01864362&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=5075933

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

This DL120 G7 comes in two models: LFF and SFF.  Large Form Factor and Small Form Factor.

Previously in this post there was a link to open the pdf file, please open the same file and refer to page# 62 for "Server cabling" the cabling is slightly different for both models.

Also refer to the videos of Optical disk drive (ODD) and Power supply unit removel, you will get some idea.
http://h20464.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=3984621&MEID=965A91AA-EC49-4058-8987-FC5F4AAC7D24

If I am not wrong, this is the part#531997-001 for the ODD SATA/Power cable.

Hope this helps you connect the optical drive.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo