cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Proliant DL160 G5 no software

mthurner
Occasional Advisor

HP Proliant DL160 G5 no software

I downloaded the Installation and repair ISO for the HP Proliant DL160 G5 storage server but it tells me it's not a storage server when I try to load it.

I tried using Smart Start Array controller from HP but it tells me that the model isn't compatible.

I ran HP diagnostics and found 1 of the HDs the bay at least bay1 isn't working right, I know it's not the HD because I played musical HDs and the issue is allways Bay 1

So Is there another software installation package i am not finding for the Proliant DL160 G5 Server thats not a storage server? Can someone help me out here I am having a lot of trouble. I have also upgraded the storage tapes and sata controlers and still nothing will install except xenserver and thats is i disable the Raid Array completly. I am wanting to use Windows Server and Lights out like the server is supposed to run on

Please Help

1 REPLY
mthurner
Occasional Advisor

Re: HP Proliant DL160 G5 no software

I finally got Windows Enterprise 2008 on and I'm installing the HP componants from within windows, is there someplace I can get the Lights Out and what not for the server? or the 2008 sbs software?