5025 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Proliant DL320 G2 Server USB Bootdisk Install

SOLVED
Go to solution
MacDonald87

HP Proliant DL320 G2 Server USB Bootdisk Install

Hey Im new to servers and I was wondering if it was possible to install windows server from a usb stick drive as my cd-rom drive doesnt seem to be working and when I plug a dvd-rom drive in place of 1 of the internal harddrives it doesnt show during the boot phase
7 REPLIES 7
ab_server
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: HP Proliant DL320 G2 Server USB Bootdisk Install

Hi, hope you're doing fine.

Yes you can. To do so, you need to access the RBSU menu, then under Standard Boot Order (IPL), select the USB Drive option as the first bootable device. The next step is to configure the option following IPL (Boot Controller Order) so the server attempt to power up with ths OS on that device.

regards
MacDonald87

umm cant seem to find the usb under IPL only have cd rom harddrive C: floppy Drive A: and PCI embedded gigabit server adapter any help here ? also i went into the f10 menu is this the same menu you were talking about cheers
MacDonald87

hey could you please give me step by step instructions on how to set up usb drive as a 1st bootable device cheers
ab_server
Frequent Advisor

First, I mistakenly thought your usb had already been configured as a bootable device. I want to apologize for that misunderstood.
So, in order for your usb to become bootable, you need to download an utility (like USB KEY bootable utility ). through this app, you can find some drivers that will convert your usb in an accurate device for booting. In addition, copy the the info from the cd, and that should work.
MacDonald87

oh yup cheers hey have by any chance been able to find server 2008 drivers for this series ?
ab_server
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately, your server quit being supported in WS03 version. Through the following link, you can check the cuurent OS versions available for hp Proliant servers,

http://h71028.www7.hp.com/enterprise/us/en/servers/ws-server-2008-archive.html
MacDonald87

ok cheers ill have a look around for simular drivers from later products with the same or simular parts see if I can find what i need