Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Proliant DL360 G4P VT Support

xinhuan zheng
Occasional Visitor

HP Proliant DL360 G4P VT Support

Hi,

Does HP Proliant DL360 G4P (Product number: 470063-702) have Intel-VT support? If yes, how do I enable it in BIOS?

thanks,

--xinhuan
4 REPLIES
YDB
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP Proliant DL360 G4P VT Support

You could look up the Quick Spec on the DL360 G4 and see if it has VT, or since it sounds like you have one, just go into the BIOS and under the processor configuration there will be an Enable / Disable line for VT, 'Intel Server Virtualization' or something close to that. I don't have one in front of me to be exact, it will be clear though. If you don't have anything like that you don't have VT.
xinhuan zheng
Occasional Visitor

I don't have 'Intel Virtualization Technology' setting in that system BIOS. I wonder if upgrading the system BIOS can have that option or that system doesn't have VT support at all?

Thanks,

--xinhuan

the VT capabilities are either in the Intel CPU or they are not, there is no adding them after the fact. Yes, there is the possibility of enabling or disabling the VT support, but you can not add it in to a chip that did not have it manufactured in to it.
rjt_1
Frequent Advisor

i can vouch that just because the bios does not mention the VT extensions, it does not mean the cpu does not have them. i have had a Tabletpc (tc4400) and desktop machines that did not mention vt in the bios until a bios upgrade.

from a Linux Live CD, you can check if your CPU has the VT extensions by

cat /proc/cpuinfo

Output will have abbreviations such as mtrr, mmx (multimedia extensions), pae (physical address extensions), and vt (Virtualization Technology).