1753312 Members
6675 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Proliant DL380 G3

CB154

HP Proliant DL380 G3

Hi,

I m having an issue with this server. When it boots up it asks for F1 to continue then it crashes. I have attached an image of the screen. I decided to perform a fresh install as it was not used but suffer the same error when installing a fresh os of ubuntu.
6 REPLIES 6
wobbe
Respected Contributor

No images attached as far as I can see.
Stopping for F1 usually means there something wrong with the hardware.
CB154

apologies looks like it failes. sorry for the poor screen shot but only way I could do it.

CB154

sorry should have mentioned that it crashes into this state and the scroll & caps lock lights are flashing on the keyboard. I got the server second hand and has always required an F1 to continue however it has now started throwing out this error and moving into this state. Any help appreciated.
wobbe
Respected Contributor

I've never tried Ubuntu on a G3 but I have sucessfully run CentOS plus the HP supportpack on this kind of machine. Worked great, with all the HP hardware monitoring atuff running just fine. So I would drop Ubuntu in favor of CentOS. A complete firmware upgrade might also be a good idea. Download firmware maintenance cd v8. The newer cd's won't upgrade your harddisks.
Also I would load the factory defaults.
If this won't work, try experimenting with different power save features in the Bios.
CB154

ok. I did have Ubuntu up and running on the server fine prior to this so unsure if it is a hardware failure somewhere however no warning lights are on and all seems well until it moves past press F1 to continue F12 for PXE boot and then it falls over.
Jake Mason
Advisor

Do you actually have the system open while its on? Just make sure there are no amber lights, specifically by the memory or procs. Also, you could clear the NVRAM and see if that does anything. Its a long shot but maybe its a cooling issue/bad fan (though it usually tells you before the system haults/shuts down)