New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Proliant DL380 G4 with no serial number

SOLVED
Go to solution
JonU
Advisor

HP Proliant DL380 G4 with no serial number

Hello all,

I have recently installed a DL380 G4 with the 7.60 release of the HP Insight Management Agents and no serial number appears in HP Systems Insight Manager for the server.

All of my other servers of the same model are running the same agents release.

The only thing unique about this one server is that it uses SAS disks/controller as opposed to SCSI U320.

I am currently unable to license this server for the Performance Management Pack since no serial number is reported via the SIM database.

Any ideas how I can correct this?

Thanks in advance,

Jon
6 REPLIES 6
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor
Solution

Verify on thtat server in the Home Page Management if you can see it in Home -> System Config ->System Board
check the seriel number ,if you can see it here then you have a problem with Home page manegement or the board

PS please apply the points next of the time and Date of this message ,it set at UNASSIGNED

TY Dan
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi Jon,

If you can reboot to the RBSU, do you see a serial number set in there ?

Is it possible that the system board has been replaced at some stage and the engineer forgot to put the serial number back on ?

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob

P.S. Remember to assign points to answers !
JonU
Advisor

Hi Dan,

I have verified that there is no Serial Number listed on the System Board on the SMH. Is there anything I can do to correct this, or will it require HP intervention?

Thanks,

Jon
JonU
Advisor

Hey Rob,

The server came from CDW and I installed it into the rack directly out of the box. This was only a couple of months ago.

I will have to check to RBSU the next time I reboot.

Is there any way for me to put the serial number back on the system board?

Thanks,

Jon
Louis Henninger_1
Regular Advisor

Jon,
You can set the serial number in RBSU. It's either in System Options or Advanced Options.
When you select the option to change the serial number, a warning will popup indicating Only HP should be changing the serial number...

Enter the serial number exactly as shown on the chassis. esc to exit, F10 to save changes, then the server should reboot.
You should now see the serial number via Insight Manager Homepage, when viewing the Systym Module.

Regards,

Louis
JonU
Advisor

Brilliant!!!

Thanks.

Jon