ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752271 Members
4614 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Proliant DL380 G5 - Remote Desktop

HachPee

I had some similar issues and re-applied the SP and that seemed to fix it. If you can telnet the RDP fine, it's a Windows setup/registry thing.
Colin_29
Trusted Contributor

Ok, so comms are fine. I think it almost definately a Windows issue. I agree, your easiest next step is to reapply the service pack. If that fails you need to balance how long this is taking you against reinstalling the server, because I think you will then be into registry edits and things like that and may never get to the bottom of it.

Please post your results and assign points as appropriate.
Neal Bowman
Respected Contributor

I would try disabling the Windows Firewall service just to see if that is blocking the RDP request.
Colin_29
Trusted Contributor

Neal, If you look back through the thread you will see that we have established that the server can listen on 3389. The problem is almost certainly a Windows issue and definately not comms.
Neal Bowman
Respected Contributor

Colin,

I did see the threads indicating that comms was not an issue. I have seen issues where the Firewall service was started, giving these scenarios. My suggestion was to temporarily disable the firewall service, if it is in fact started.

Otherwise, you would be correct in that is would be a Windows issue.

Neal
Eric A Knopp

I am having EXACTLY the same issue, but with a WSS 2003 R2 OS pre-installed on a Dell PowerEdge 2900. I've tried exactly the same steps as the Original Poster, with the exception of re-installing the Service Pack.

If I find out a solution, I will post it here. Luckily, I've only been banging my head against the wall about it for a day :)
Eric A Knopp

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323497

Deleting the Certificate Key in the registry as directed in the Knowledgebase, and rebooting the server solved the problem for me. Hurrah!
Nrusingha

Hi,

I am facing exactly the same issue. I have one HP Proliant DL 380 G5, with windows 2003 enterprise R2,

Since last one year the Remote Desktop was working fine.

But suddenly it stopped working after a regular maintenance reboot.

did you solve this, if yes how.

appreciate if someone can help