7310 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Proliant DL380 Gen10 Server 2016 OS install

prezidentj33
Occasional Advisor

HP Proliant DL380 Gen10 Server 2016 OS install

Hello,

I'm trying to install Server 2016 OS on my HP Proliant DL380 Gen10 server. I am using the intelligent provisioning. I mounted my ISO file etc. When it gets to the part and it runs winpeinit.exe at a command after a reboot. it runs through all the drivers etc and seems to get to a point where it stops and then exits. Exit /b 0. 

The first problem I see is it tries to do a C:\ and then throws an error C:\ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. 

Then it makes a cpqsystem folder 

then echo cleared boot 1>>C:\cpqsystem\ip.log

tries to remove directory C:\boot but errors The system cannot find the file specified. Error 2 The system cannot find the file specified. 

Goes to hpev CQTESS- then ERROR: deleting EV CQTESS

Shows me envionrnment variables which  Count=0. Then ends at X:\windows\system32> exit /b 0. If I exit manually it just does the same thing over again. 

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I have not updated any firmware etc this is pretty much out of the box other than the ILO setup. 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
AdvanceResExp
Occasional Advisor

Re: HP Proliant DL380 Gen10 Server 2016 OS install

Hi,

Please re-flash IP to latest version 

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_5e12f516782745b1a7ac115e7f

In the Perform maintenance --> go to BIOS/Platform ---> reset the BIOS and again install the OS