5292 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Proliant DL380 Gen10 Server 2016 OS installalation

Chandwahid
Occasional Visitor

HP Proliant DL380 Gen10 Server 2016 OS installalation

Hi,

We are trying to install windows server 2016, however after the intelligent provisioning is done with the assisted OS Installation, the installation starts and the wpeinit.exe script starts and finishes successfully however when the windows setup starts and we accept the license terms and hit continue we get a :

"windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. the partition is a microsoft reserved (MSR) partition".

After numerous restart, we were able to see windows setup but encountered another issue. A pop-up windows shows "Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition..." then when press Ok, it goes back to the same error x:\windows\system32. 

Regards

Chand

2 REPLIES 2
Anu_K
HPE Pro

Re: HP Proliant DL380 Gen10 Server 2016 OS installalation

Hello,

I found similar issue reported on one of the forum post : https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/ProLiant-DL380-Gen10-Win-Server-2016-Installation-Issue/td-p/7117865#.YNFx6WgzaMo

The suggestion may help you to fix this issue.

Note: "While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company."

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Re: HP Proliant DL380 Gen10 Server 2016 OS installalation

Hi,

MSR partition size is very small, is suppose you should be using Primary partition with enough space.

Please check and ensure that you are selecting the correct drive/partition for installation/check size of that.

or, better to delete/recreate array logical drive from SSA then try to install OS on the logical volume.

Incase still does not work, then do the manual installation.

Directly boot with OS media/USB bootable and install the OS.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo