1753771 Members
4713 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Proliant DL380G7 E Not giving Display

bilaljaved262

HP Proliant DL380G7 E Not giving Display

Hi,

Can anybody please guide me I have issues with server. Its not giving display.

First it was giving DIM error for which i removed one RAM and now its not giving beep.

Now its running with one RAM but not giving anything on display although it looks like its running.

Please let me know if i can do anything to move forward with this issue.

Regards,

Bilal

3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I would connect to ILO and check the status and logs.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
TVVJ
HPE Pro

1)      If new hardware was installed in the server, remove it and check if there is display.

2)      If no new additions have been made, but there is a graphics expansion card, then remove it and connect the display to onboard VGA port.

3)      If there is no expansion graphics card, but connected directly to the VGA port, then swap the VGA cable, power cable for the display or the display itself. If it is connected to a console switch, then swap its components with working spare.

4)      If the display has been established to be working, then check the front panel LEDs, especially, the health LED and the Systems Insight Display (SID).

5)      If the health LED is amber, then check the SID to identify the component that may have a corresponding amber LED lit. If so, then reseat it, if not swap the component with a working spare.

6)      If the health LED flashes red, then check the rate at which it  flashes.

a)      If it flashes at 1Hz per second, then minimize memory configuration. To do so, remove all expansion cards and all memory modules except that in DIMM slot 3-A for each installed processor and check if there is display. If not then swap the memory module with known working spare.

b)      If it flashes at 4Hz per second, then reduce the server base configuration. To do so, remove all expansion cards, remove the data and power cables from the system board to optical drive, hard drive etc. Have processor installed only in processor socket 1 and only memory module in DIMM slot 3-A. Power on the server.

7)      If the issue persists, then clear the server’s NVRAM. To do so, the following step may be performed:

i. Power down the server and remove the access panel.

ii. Please refer to item 10 of the System board components diagram, on page 92 of 110 of the server’s maintenance and service guide to identify the system maintenance switch. The guide is locatable at the following link:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02159538/c02159538.pdf

iii. Locate individual switch S6, and set it from the default position of ‘Off’ to ‘On’. Replace the access panel and power it on. Wait till the message indicates that the server has been reset. Then power off the server, remove the power cable from the wall jack, and remove the access panel, revert switch S6 to position back to ‘Off’ and then power it on.

After clearing NVRAM, please re-enter the serial number in the server's RBSU. You may perform the following steps:

i. During the server startup sequence, press the F9 key to access RBSU.

ii. Select the System Options menu.

iii. Select Serial Number. The following warning is displayed:  

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! The serial number is loaded into the system during the manufacturing process and should NOT be modified. This option should only be used by qualified service personnel. This value should always match the serial number sticker located on the chassis.  

iv. Press the Enter key to clear the warning.

v. Enter the serial number and press the Enter key.

vi. Select Product ID.

vii. Enter the product ID and press the Enter key.

viii. Press the Esc key to close the menu.

ix. Press the Esc key to exit RBSU.

x. Press the F10 key to confirm exiting RBSU. The server will automatically reboot.

If the issue persists, then the issue could possibly be with the processor or the system

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo