New Discussion

Re: HP Proliant DL380P G8 Raid 5

SOLVED
Go to solution
ahmedsamimahdi
Occasional Contributor

HP Proliant DL380P G8 Raid 5

Greetings

Iam trying to setup RAID 5 to HP proliant DL380P  G8 for (three 300 GB HDD SAS) and i can't find

the RAID 5 option it only shows RAID 0,

Any possible soilution Please?

Ahmed Sami

5 REPLIES 5
David_Schwartzs
Honored Contributor

Do you have a cache module installed on the RAID controller?

RAID 5 requires at least 256MB Cache installed on the RAID controller. Some lower end models of the DL380p come with "zero memory" or "ZM" controllers that only support RAID 0, 1, 10 out of the box without being upgraded with a cache module.
Regards,
--
David Schwartzstein
IT Channel Sales Expert / Solutions Architect

Currently looking for my next opportunity - http://www.linkedin.com/in/pctechyoda

If my post solves your problem, please kindly take a moment to mark my post as a solution. Thank you.
TVVJ
HPE Pro
Solution

Please note that a minimum of 512MB cache is required to enable RAID 5, 5+0 support. Either of the following options may be installed to enable RAID 5, 5+0 support:

HP 1GB P-series Smart Array Flash Backed Write Cache                                631679-B21

HP 2GB P-series Smart Array Flash Backed Write Cache                                631681-B21

HP 512MB P-series Smart Array Flash Backed Write Cache                         661069-B21

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

GrantP
Occasional Visitor

Hi.

Just following on from this, I have to configure almost the same setup, using an ML350p Gen8 and a 1Gb P-Series FBWC, but I cannot find the setup instructions.

A piece of paper that came with the FBWC said to search on the HP website, but the page is blank. I don't want to dive into setting up this expensive piece of hardware blind - I need some doco!

Help appreciated.

TVVJ
HPE Pro

If you need assistance with removing and replacing the part, you may refer to HP Services Media Library for videos of parts removal and replacement:

Under Media Selection, 1. Product category click “Servers”, 2. Click “HP ProLiant DL Servers” unde r 3. “Product Series” scroll down and click on “HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Server series”.

Click here to acces HP Services Media Library.

Then click hyperlink “Remove/Replace videos” for component removal and replacement.

Alternatively, you may also refer to the server’s maintenance and service guide.

Click here to access the guide.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

TVVJ
HPE Pro

The cache module enables the array controller to configure various RAID arrays. For assistance on creating RAID arrays, you may refer to Configuring Arrays on HP Smart Array Controllers Reference Guide. Click here for the guide.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo