cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Proliant Dl80 Ubuntu Raid

petritzischris
Occasional Visitor

HP Proliant Dl80 Ubuntu Raid

Hi! I am newbie and i want some help for a problem. At the first boot up i created an Array in Raid 1. When i'm trying to install ubuntu server the Raid controller didn't work properly. The configuration of raid has successfully completed but the Os did not regognise the raid. 

What can i do for that?

1 REPLY 1
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: HP Proliant Dl80 Ubuntu Raid

@petritzischris wrote:

Hi! I am newbie and i want some help for a problem. At the first boot up i created an Array in Raid 1. When i'm trying to install ubuntu server the Raid controller didn't work properly. The configuration of raid has successfully completed but the Os did not regognise the raid. 

What can i do for that?

You don't mention which controller you are using. From your  inquiry it would lead one to assume you using the B140i controller.  For the embedded chipset SATA B140i controller in the DL80 Gen9 the closed source hpdsa driver is only available for Red Hat and SUSE. All other 'P' and 'H' series Smart Array controllers are supported with the open source hpsa driver which is in the Linux kernel tree

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! Accept or KudoI work for HPE