ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752758 Members
4958 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Proliant G4 Windows corrupted

mcarps79

HP Proliant G4 Windows corrupted

2003 Server OS corrupted, blue screen is apparing. Now We are trying to reinstall Windows 2003....no HDD found error is coming.I think is possible using HP Startsmat CD but still have confusion that is my data safe?

If I reinstall everything using HP startsmart CD and then reinstall win2k3 , will my data on D drive can be restored without failure.....

Please guide I am gr8 problem....please....please
5 REPLIES 5
wobbe
Respected Contributor

Smartstart is a cd that helps with or automates the windows installation.
I think in this case you might be better of doing a manual installation. This gives you more control. But if there is no hd (logical volume) found then you might all ready have lost your data.
Did you consider the possibility that you might have an hardware issue?
mcarps79

Thanks Wobby for reply .....anyhow I have entered into the safe mode but still blue screen error is coming when booting in normal mode ,......OS to be reinstalled again....so I think Now no worry of data....just please how to reinstall...is it require to configure raid again....can you please provide steps to configure raid....and ....to recover data next time if something happened using raid.....thnx a lot
tanus02

Do not reconfigure the raid set yet, unless you want to loose your data on D:

I am assuming that D: is a partition on the same raid set.

Install Windows again by booting from the HP smartstart cd and install to c:

dont use the acu to reconfigure the raid at this point.

At least get a bootable os and see if you can see any data on d: first.
Kingpinkiller
Advisor

Hi,

what >exactly< is the bluescreen-error
telling ? Which error-number and so on ?

RS
Pogumirskiy Nikolay
Frequent Advisor

If you have another HP ProLiant server (same type as G4) with empty hdd slots you may move hdd's to work server, boot and backup data from "D" logical drive. After that perform clean install with SmartStart.