cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Proliant ML 350 G4 Internal Health LED lit RED

Khalique Zafar
Occasional Visitor

HP Proliant ML 350 G4 Internal Health LED lit RED

I am working as System Engineer in Jaffer Business System facing problem with a ML 350 G4 server internal health. When one power supply plugged into system it shows no signs of critical internal health but as second power supply plugged into it
Internal Health LED lit red and on system board PPM1 and PPM2 error LED lit amber.however, when system powered on internal health LED and PPMs LED turned normal. IML also not indicate any error or malfunctioning in the system.

For this I have taken these steps in last couple of months and matter still unresolved:

1. System board replaced.
2. Power supplies replaced.
3. Power supply backplane replaced.
4. Both the processor replaced.
5. Firmware upgraded.

Note: System's temperature is normal.
The position remains the same even one processor and PPM plugged out from the system.

If anyone has the solution kindly assist.
3 REPLIES
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Proliant ML 350 G4 Internal Health LED lit RED

Hi,

I have seen a similar problem with ML350G4p model. It was caused by the power supply backplane. 100% fixed by replacing this.

Try replacing the power supply backplane again and make sure you have a later revision level than the one currently installed (Check label details).

PSU Backplane - ML350G4 Only- 365065-001
PSU Backplane - ML350G4p Only - 390548-001

I hope this helps.

Brian
Peter Fecko
Occasional Advisor

Hi!
I have the similar problem, red health LED (and same system board led on),
I have replaced the power backplane and processor and server was running, than i try to replace back old processor (wanted to try if processor was good) and now i have the old problem back again. I can not switch on the server and the same LEd (front and motherboard) are on, even if i replace new processor.
Please help. can provessor impact the new power backplane?
thanx
Peter Fecko
Occasional Advisor

Everythign is OK. It was only PSU backplane.