ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752585 Members
4458 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Proliant ML 350

46PE60EI

HP Proliant ML 350

I have an HP Proliant ML 350 Server which is very unstable. and turns itself off many times a day. Yesterday it was completely impossible to start the server. I tried many times but every time there were two red lights that flashed at me. It was quite impossible to start the server. I am an acountants and I am helpless without the server. The serial number is CZJ74302AF and product number is 438730-421. The server has Raid 5 and 3disks pluss one spare. I use Windows 2000 which I intend to upgrade. What can the problem be and how can it be solved?

Regards

Paul Erik Strømnes

-----------------------------------------------

P.S. This thread has been moved from Proliant Netservers to Proliant (ML,DL,SL) - Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
GSJC
Occasional Advisor

Hi Paul,

In order to correctly diagnose this, you would need to be a little more specific on the location of the 'red lights'.

Glenn
Priyansha
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Check the power supply if :

• Improperly seated or faulty power supply.

• Loose or faulty power cord.

• Power source problem.

• Improperly seated component or interlock problem.

• Faulty internal component

Try with minimum configuration.

• All additional DIMMs

Leave only the minimum required to boot the server - either one DIMM or a pair of DIMMs.

• All additional cooling fans, if applicable

• All additional power supplies, if applicable (leave one installed)

• All hard drives

• All optical drives (DVD-ROM, CD-ROM, and so forth)

• All optional mezzanine cards

• All expansion boards

goto the following Guided troubleshooting link for more information http://h20584.www2.hp.com/hpgt/guides/select?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=459045&lang=en&cc=us

Thank you,
Was the post useful? Click on the white KUDOS! Star.
For HP Guided Troubleshooting; https://support.hpe.com/connect/s/?language=en_US
Jeffrey D Chard
Frequent Advisor

How old is the server?

If it is old, you intend to upgrade the software, HP has some really good packages. 

I  had an Asus Server running SBS2003, it also would not start. Prior to giving up the ghost completely, it had a castrophic disk failure, with data loss (even though in Raid 1)

I replaced it with and ML350G6 with SBS2011 (12GB Ram),  1 CPU, 2x 300GB SAS drives for $3.5K AUD.   (Note that I am not sure that HP will support Server 2012 on G6 Machines - which pisses me off seeing that I only bought it in April)

I about a second ML110G7 with Server 2008 R2, 4GB ram, and 2 x 500GB Sata 3.5" drives for about $1.2K.

The ML110G7 has not have the same quality as the ML350. I needed the second server, to run a 32 Bit Windows 2003 as a virtual machine - to run a legacy application.