5942 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Proliant ML110 G6 Breaks down offen

rpmsys
Occasional Advisor

Peter,

I will do the same immediately, thanks for the info.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

If you have the possibility: if you could record the serial number/revision number on the PSU/system board, that might be helpful for other people reading this thread. Are they different after replacing?
rpmsys
Occasional Advisor

Peter, Motherboard was replaced and I was up for 6 days, now I lost connection to my server not sure why down yet. Power supply was not replaced. How has your server been running?
rpmsys
Occasional Advisor

Managed to telnet into server iLO, power was up but server not functioning, appears to be same symptom.
Peter Ahlgren

Hey

The server has been up and running, with only 1 restart since the mainboard and powersupply was replaced.

I found out that the onsite HP technican, didnt upgrade the firmware on the new mainboard, so that firmware was very old.
I think that the newest firmware on the mainboard, and the new powersupply has done the diffrent.

The server is stabel now.
rpmsys
Occasional Advisor

Well server hung again, had to power cycle. It was up for 11 Days, 16 hours, 43 minutes,last event record is of Sharepoint Foundation Search Warning, it seems that is the last event at least the last 2 times. Going to call HP and see what they suggest, maybe power supply. Frustrating!
rpmsys
Occasional Advisor

Peter:

What is the latest, I am having little luck with HP, I have asked to have the motherboard replaced again.

Maybe this time I will install less memory to see. 

Did you not test with SBS 2008 how about SBS 2003.  I told HP I did not think it was the OS.

havix

Wow, I thought I was the only one.  I installed SBS 2011 Essentials about 3 weeks ago and have two hard locks since then.  I get nothing on the display but the ml110 G6 is still running with no error lights.   I have to do a hard power cycle for it to come back up.   I added an additional 8GB of HP RAM to the system to total 10GB so that might be a similarity.  I also have installed 2 additional Seagate drives in a RAID-1 for backup purposes so I assumed it was the drives causing the issues but I haven't tried running the server without them. Also, before deploying I ran it through  3-4 passmark burn in tests without any issues.  

Anyone make some headway on this?  It's embarrasing deploying a brand new server to a small business and having lockup issues.

twhite_1
Visitor

I'm also having the same issues. Purchased 2 Proliant ML110 G6 servers and both of them are practially useless. Tried to return them to the reseller who said that I have to deal with HP on the issue. Several months later, 3 motherboard replacements, and 42GB of RAM later, we have 2 nice step stools. Both servers would crash at different times during boot. I was unable to even install an OS on these servers because it would crash during the install. Used the recommended HP Ram and still got the same issues. When the first motherboard was replaced, I was able to install an OS and the server was actually stable for a while. Suddenly, it would lock up after a few days of running, under a relatively light load. Had to manually power it down and the screen was unresponsive. The other server I had no luck whatsoever. On both server, had the max of 16GB of RAM. The one that was actually "running" for a while, as I stated before, eventually started to  crash. On the other one, I have to use 8GB, using only 2 populated DIMM slots for me to install an OS. But it would also start to crash at different times, sometimes in the OS and sometimes during boot. I've been on the phone, chat, etc with HP for too many hours and still no resolution. Ended up purchasing 2 ML160 to replace the ML110 and they been running like champs. HP should fess up to whatever is the issue with these machines and offer a replacement  to those users experiencing these issues.

CTWN

Adding memory, updating ILO, firmware, adding memory, firmware, insight manager, ad nauseum.

It has helped with all the updates but the fact is this doesn't restart itself after crashing.  That's all I ask.

Using ILO I can see Timer Interrupt, Uncorrectable ECC and DIMM (different channel) events.  To me this is a failed memory subsystem.  I tested the memory and got no problems but thinking more memory would help have completely changed to 4 x 4GB Kingston modules and again, it seemed to make a difference but it still happens.

I've spoken to HP a couple of times and it's always the "update firmware" BS.  Not good enough.