1752753 Members
4536 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Proliant ML110 SATA Raid problem

laskovD

HP Proliant ML110 SATA Raid problem

Hi all

There is a kind of a problem I have with server HP Proliant ML110 installation. there is no option to install floppy, so I've tried to install RAID driver over USB. In the first step of entering driver it's working (F6 and add "S" to add a driver)
BUT! after formatting drive C it need to copy drivers from Floppy (FDD) to system - and here system cannot see drivers of RAID. USB diskonkey is not removed or something... And Installation is hanging on this screen:
"Insert the disk labeled "Adaptec SATA Driver v1.00 (Windows 32 bit for 2000/XP/2003)" in to drive A: and press Enter when ready"
any ideas
20 REPLIES 20

Hi,

Please verify the following settings in RBSU:

Enable USB legacy
usb controller mode, usb 2.0 is set to high speed
change the settings of USB Mass Storage to be set to Floppy

If the above does not resolve the issue, then you would need to opt for hp USB Diskette drive as this is the only tested drive on the unit.

Regards,
CPP
Jonnie de Boer

I have the same problem on a ML110.
Tried 3 different USB FDD - last one being a HP one that is detected as a TEAC?
(part #359098-003)
Anyways - issue is FDD unit can be seen by the server, wont boot if a disk is in the drive - the normal things, but at the specify drivers screen, FDD light comes on, cannot find the drivers.
Tried different disks, everything works fine on different machines.
laskovD

Hi all
Solution was found in HP Support Team Israel:
There is no other way to boot server with RAID driver except using USB-connected FDD.
It's cost about 20-30 $ in Israel...
Problem is that very strange - why HP selling hardware, that if You want to use it, You need to buy more hardware. But it's retorical question
Studio54
Occasional Advisor

I have tried all of the options listed above to no avail.
After spending a highly frustrating 3 hours trying to find a solution to this problem, I have finally found a solution that works.
You will need a USB key AND a USB floppy drive. Copy the driver files to both units.

Attach both USB units to your server, power up the server and enter the BIOS.
Within the BIOS, set the USB key as Forced Floppy and set the USB Floppy Drive as Floppy.
Start WIN2K3 server setup and specify the SATA drivers using the F6 key during setup.
The drivers will be copied from the USB key first, then after you have partitioned your drive, formatted it etc, WIN2K3 setup then copies the drivers from the floppy.

A bizarre solution but it worked for me on a ML110 G3 server using on board RAID1, 2x 80GB drives.
Jonnie de Boer

Studio54
Bizarre all right - but your a genius mate, it works!
Obviously spent more time friggin around than we did (we tried USB keys - but not in tandem).

We have a G3 as well, and the solution was as you said.

note - if the boot priority had the usb first, no go.

Thanks for that!
Andrej Konstantinov

For me dooes't work with usb fdd and usb flash. When i press F6 it is find my drivers on flash but after format it is not find on fdd or flash:( Maybe someone have another solution?
Jonnie de Boer

Andrej

Try this:

After you have run setup pushing F6 to load the RAID drivers and the system install and reboots - set the system back to default at this stage - ie, load the 'optimzed defaults'.

We had the same problem but got there in the end...

Cheers

Gavarustin
Advisor

I have the same problem with a HP Proliant ML110 G3.
I can installed in a ML Proliant G2, but it doesn't work in a ML Proliant G3 server.
Gavarustin
Advisor

I use the same USB floppy TEAC Electronics FD-05PUB , it work in a ML110 G2 server but doesnt'work in a ML110 G3 server.