4209 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Proliant ML150 G5 no POST issue.

Fira
Occasional Collector

HP Proliant ML150 G5 no POST issue.

HI all,

I have a HP Proliant ML150 G6 left from the previous admin with no POST issue. It is left like this for over a year and I cannot get in touch with the former admin to find out what lead to this issue.

The issue is: when just plugged in it will kick in and turn off after few seconds, the power LED will stay on amber. When the power button is pressed it will turn on and the health LED is green, no POST, no signal to the screen.

The LED above the RAM is solid green; another above the RAID is flashing green. No signal or any red LED.

Tired removing/swaping memory modules and minimum config, pressed the CMOS reset button, with no result.

Can it be failed BIOS/Firmware update, and if so, how to try and re flash it? Or can it be something else, could you please advise?

4 REPLIES 4
SystemPro
Occasional Advisor

Wrong type of ram modules? Maybe the former admin put in some sticks that were not intended for this model?

Remove all cables (SAS etc), disks, optical drives and extra PCI-E cards not needed to just get a video signal. A bad DVD drive could potentially cause problems.

If not above, i have experienced a bad powersupply or motherboard could cause similar symptoms.

You mentioned to reflash the bios, but it would be a problem if the server just go black after a short time.

Fira
Occasional Collector

The server has 2 RAM, tried to switch places and with no RAM or anything else connected to the MB, except CPU and PSU, sill no luck. ):

SystemPro
Occasional Advisor

That sucks, but i think you must have ram inserted, if not you cant get any POST anyway. Do you have any spare part / model number on the sticks?

Fira
Occasional Collector

Without a RAM I should get some beeps but it is quit.

Is there a way to flash the BIOS without the server POSTing?