108788 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Proliant ML310e Gen8 V2 won't boot but has solid orange LED

SOLVED
Go to solution
MarioST
Frequent Visitor

HP Proliant ML310e Gen8 V2 won't boot pass 20% and emits continuous beeps

Sorry for the long post but this is what is happening.

Server is a Proliant ML310e Gen8 V2 - serial Number Confidential Info Erased, 16GB Ram all HP compliant, all have HP sticker. Single CPU  Intel (don't get to see the processor and can't remember model)

Server powers up, and just after 10% it reboots/resets and starts again, I think this is by design, during the next stage the POST screen shows 10% Early Processor Initialization, then jumps to 20% Memort and QPI Link Initialization Start, and after a few seconds, the servers emits fast continuous beeps, screen goes black, same in the iLO console and it just seats there beeping. When I press and hold the power button, the fans stop and the power button goes orange, also during the POST the power button is green (Normal Mode).

If, I use the console in iLO and ask it to do a cold boot, the server resets and the power light starts blinking green but the server never boots up. I have to remove the power to reset the server and then the cycle repeats itself. The same happens if I press the power button.

Tests perfomed;

Removed all the RAM and tested every module individually with the same results

removed all ram, beeps changed to show no ram in the system

Reset the dip switch 6 on maintenance switch, no change

removed ambient sensor, no change

disconnected SAS drives and SATA DVD,  no change

Last test - disconnected everything, leaving only CPU, 1 MEM Module, and Power Supply - same result

I am now at a loss what it could be and any help would be much appreciated. Is there something else I can do before I start replacing parts?

thank you for your assistance.

3 REPLIES 3
denis_b
HPE Pro

Re: HP Proliant ML310e Gen8 V2 won't boot pass 20% and emits continuous beeps

Hello @MarioST!

Sorry for delay with response. Is your question still valid?

Thank you!

I am HPE Employee
Best regards,
Denis

Accept or Kudo

Zebe

HP Proliant ML310e Gen8 V2 won't boot but has solid orange LED

Pliease help. My HP Proliant ML310e Gen8 v2 has the following config;

8GB HP verified RAM, 1TB HP Hdd, and no additional cards or hardware. It was working well and suddenly it shut down and no LEDs were on. 

I opened it and blew all the dust and and receonnected it. Now it has a solid orange LED on the power button but it will not switch on. 

I tried removing the RAM and sitting it onto different slots but to no avail.

What else can I try.

MarioST
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Re: HP Proliant ML310e Gen8 V2 won't boot pass 20% and emits continuous beeps

Sorry, not any more as I ended up in replacing the motherboard, as all other components tested fine, so the only thing left was the mothermoard.

All working now.