New Discussion

Re: HP Proliant ML310e wont start properly and make continuous beeps

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sampenl97
Occasional Advisor

Hi again! 

Sorry for the late reply, i haven't had the time lately. The thing is my brother is in the interest of upgrading his memory atleast. 

I found the quikspecs along with a photo of the id-sticker on top of the tower.

I'll upload 3 pics

I really appreciate the help so far, I'm kinda new at this. I have 1 question though! Am I restricted to using a specific type of DIMM altogether?

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Check the HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8 (v1, not the v2) QuickSpecs document you already downloaded exactly at page 32, 33 and 34: there you will be able to find all RAM SKU part numbers supported by it.

Notice how the Intel i3 CPU based versions (i3-3240 and i3-3220) support DDR3 RAM bandwidths of 1066, 1333 and 1600 MHz and you can install a grand total of 32 GB since it supports up to four 8 GB Unbuffered DIMMs (CAS-11 or CAS-9 Low Voltage).

Hope this help you (and your brother!).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Sampenl97
Occasional Advisor

Finally, yet again i'm sorry for the late reply. My brother finally got his hands on some new RAM yesterday and it's working now, after the replacement of the DIMMS the server would go through all initialization processes and iLO 4 whithout any errors whatsoever. Thank you all so much for your help!
rvelardeg

I solve it cleaning the RAM conections with my hand.

rdubois

Dear,

Thank you very much rvelardeg, I had the same issue and found the solution by reading your comment..

HP ProLiant DL320e Gen8 v2 After a power cut, the server restart but got stock with "Early Processor Initialization" at 10% in the POST phase. HP status code 0168.

I made a small video with the issue so it can help other people.