Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Proliant ML330 G3: SBS2003 install setup error. NEW THREAD

THEandybrown
Occasional Advisor

HP Proliant ML330 G3: SBS2003 install setup error. NEW THREAD

THEandybrown
Jan 22, 2010 21:04:00 GMT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At my church we have a HP Proliant ML330 Generation 3 server. We have upgraded to a new server since then but wish to take the proliant and reformat it and start over again with it. We are attempting to load Windows Small Business Server 2003 onto it.

During the reformat process we discovered that the previous IT people had setup the RAID configuration ridiculously. So we reset that up but now cannot continue with the install. When we attempt to install it comes up with an error saying that it cannot find any hard disks. We have 4 harddrives setup in a RAID 0+1 configuration. We tried hitting F3 during the setup but it requests us to insert a 3.5" floppy disk drive that was provided from the manufacturer.

My question is does anybody know anything about where we can get this disk or have any other things we should try to get this working?

Thanks for your help.

Sort Answers By: Date or Points

ab_server Jan 23, 2010 18:22:09 GMT 10 pts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems your server is not recognizing your controller.

Have you checked your server BIOS, so that, your SCSI Controller is set to be the first bootable device ?.

THEandybrown Jan 23, 2010 18:42:02 GMT N/A: Question Author

I went in and checked on that... and there actually is no SCSI controller only an IDE Controller and an ATA RAID controller I believe they were. Any other ideas?