108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Proliant ML350 G4 SCSI/RAID issues

SOLVED
Go to solution
Joseph Nunham

HP Proliant ML350 G4 SCSI/RAID issues

Hello,

I am fairly new to the ProLiant line of servers and do not know much about them. I received an HP ProLiant ML350 from work for experimentation purposes. I installed my desired OS on one of the 36.4 GB ULTRA320 SCSI drives on it and rebooted the system. When the system runs through BIOS I see the message "LSI Logic Corp. MPT Boot Rom No supported devices found". The boot process continues and then loops through trying to boot from CD-ROM, floppy drive, and PXE. I downloaded and ran SmartStart, but when I tried to run the RAID configuration utility I received the message "ACU found no supported devices" or something similar to that. Someone had also suggested attempting to change the boot order, but that does not seem to resolve the issue either.

Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5
cnb
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: HP Proliant ML350 G4 SCSI/RAID issues

Hi,

What OS and RAID hardware?

WHat version of Smart Start and PSP are you using?

Get the correct verisons of Smart Start, PSP and Firmware CD.

Start here:

Quick specs: (check your hardware options)
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12009_na/12009_na.html

Firmware CD: (update all BIOS and options)
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=397642&prodNameId=3279707&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-e3cc3c652e1046dc88f2ceecb8

Choose your OS Drivers and software:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=397642

Not all versions of the Smart Start CD support your system so you'll need to do some research to make sure you have a compatible version for your system and options. Download the PSP (Proliant Support Pack) for your system which should have all of the drivers for your particular OS.

Use the Smart Start support matrix for your OS to figure out the versions required.

ACU is for the Smart Array family of controllers, so if you aren't using any of these ACU isn't for your configuration.

You might have an SAS/SATA RAID HBA which uses a different driver, etc...

Rgds,

Joseph Nunham

Hello,

I am not sure what version of SmartStart I am running. I Googled it and downloaded one of the suggested searches. I installed XenServer on one of the SCSI drives. I will do what you suggested and let you know the results.

Thanks.
Joseph Nunham

I attempted to do the firmware update but received the message "Discovery Failed". For the PSP downloads, there are only Windows/Linux operating systems available. Would I be better off attempting to run XenServer on a different server?

Thank you.
Joseph Nunham

I seemed to have resolved the issue. The SCSI controller was hooked up to the second SCSI port on the motherboard. Switching it over to the first one seemed to fix the problem.

Thank you for your assistance,

Joseph Nunham
Joseph Nunham

Cable from motherboard to SCSI controller was on wrong port