ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753907 Members
8653 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Proliant ML350 G5 Shutdown Issue

Berek8

HP Proliant ML350 G5 Shutdown Issue

Hey guys, I have a little problem about this, the server was inactive for a long time in the center i'm working at this moment, and when I turn it ON I get something like this:

Attempting Boot From CD-ROM
Attempting Boot From Hard Drive (C:)
Attempting Boot From NIC

Non-System disk or disk error
replace and strike any key when ready

Press "F9" key for ROM-Based Setup Utility
Press "F10" key for System Maintenance Menu
System will automatically reboot in 5 seconds

Some time later after getting this error (30-50 minutes) the system shutdowns, the frontal leds go red (Internal Health and External Health), and when i check inside of the server I can see a PPM2 error (amber LED #8).

Reading a little more about this kind of issue there're some stuff that could be the problem:

1) Power supply, UPS related: The Server is the only thing connected. The UPS is a Back-UPS ES 500 from APC, seems to be working fine.
2) There's a second processor connected, but PPM2 is not connected: The Server has only one processor.
3) 3.0 Volt Lithium Battery: Going to test with another one.
4) Bad BIOS configuration.

If someone else could give me some suggestions or another ideas I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks and excuse my english!
5 REPLIES 5
ess
Super Advisor

Re: HP Proliant ML350 G5 Shutdown Issue

hi
if any graphic server with one possessor?
if yes please change your ppm2 and again start the server.
julydimitrov
Occasional Contributor

hi , i have the same problem(unespected shutdown with red internal and external leds on the front panel,PPM2 on SB is amber).i was replace a System Board and Heatsink on CPU but the problem is persist. if somebody have some idea. thanks in advance
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Plug it into a surge suppressor on the wall. This will remove the UPS as the culprit. Replace the battery. Clear the CMOS and reset it. Reseat everything in the chassis. Stuff can pop loose from inactivity. If you have two CPUs in it, replace the PPM2 module. Why not use both CPUs.
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

I would first replace power supply and test if PPM led goes Red.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Berek8

Ok guys thanks for the answers, I'll try all the suggestions however I was thinking about changing the power supply.

Any ideas of what is the model of this? I'll try to maintain you guys updated with the results