6893 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Proliant ML350 G5 shutdown by itself

beana02
Occasional Visitor

Hi, 

No the warranty and support packages have run out. 

All are upto date. 

ashwin pai
Visitor

did you guys get anywhere ? we are experienceing similar issues
florian_d
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

I hope somebody have solved the problem, I have the same issue with a windows server 2003 standard x64.

I have tried to change all the hardware, and I finally put hard disks on an other ML350 G5 and I have the same issue.

I can reproduice the issue if I launch the HP insight diagnostic when the server is booted on  windows.

If I try to boot with a usb key on hp utilities, the insight diagnostics finished and don't show me any error except .

Malformed NVRAM detected.
Device: HP Smart Array Controller, Slot 0
Property name: World Wide ID

I also have a very slow network (never more than 15% of my 1Gb teaming)

any idea?

Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

Malform NVRam detected can be ignored , ML350 G5 servers have known issue with the power supplies, If you have two power supplies remove both of them and use a spare ( new or working psu ) from another server and check if that resolves the issue. Also when the server shutsdown(standyby mode ) open the chassis to find any amber leds on the board and let me know

Was the post useful? Say thanks by clicking the white KUDOS Star!
Goutham Sabala
florian_d
Occasional Advisor

Hello goutham.

Thank you for your reply.

I use the insight diagnostic and the server restart each time when he arrives to 53%.

As I said, I have the same problem with a spare server:

-I have plugged the disks on an other ml350, booted and tried to launch insight diagnostic on windows, the new server have also done a hard reboot (suddenly black screen and restart on his own).

The logs indicate nothing.

Daniel Marinov
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

I forgot to post the solution. I replaced the power supply and the issue was fixed. However the HP system management home page and all other diagnostics were showing that it is working fine, but it seems that it was the issue. A lot of months since I replaced it, and no more restarts.

florian_d
Occasional Advisor

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for the update.

My server have 2 redundant power supply and the test with the other server was NOK.

This looks like a software problem.

I will keep you in touch if I found the solution.

Florian

florian_d
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

I have solved the problem:

I have deleted and reinstall network card drivers and configure the teaming again ( it was in NFT and i put it in 802.3ad and configuring the router).

Everything is ok now.

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

FLorian

Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Florian

I'm guessing you resolved servers slow network performance by reinstalling the network card drivers. I dont see Malformed NVRAM detected has anything to do with this and can be safely ignored.

Thank you

Was the post useful? Say thanks by clicking the white KUDOS Star!
Goutham Sabala
surgeon1976
Occasional Advisor

I have problem with unexpected shutdown to standby without possibility to boot server through iLO, which i'v described here:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-Netservers/Unexpected-server-shutdown/m-p/5882151