Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Proliant ML350 G6 Boot Issues

AndyDC
Visitor

HP Proliant ML350 G6 Boot Issues

Hello,

We are trying to have a HP Proliant ML350 G6 Server boot and install Windows onto a SATA hard drive that we have connected directly to the motherboard or via an additional pci sata card. This is so we don't use any room on the RAID 1+0 setup that is for storage, and if the drive fails, we can simply replace it with a backup of the drive with no fuss.

Is this possible to boot from a single sata drive and leave raid cage alone.
How do I get around this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: HP Proliant ML350 G6 Boot Issues

Hi,

If the BIOS detects that drive and you can get that drive onto the First Boot Device, then it should work.

I personally have not tried this, but do take a valid data backup before trying this.

Thank You!
I am an HPE Employee

Was the post useful? Click on the white KUDOS! Thumb below.  Kudos is a way of saying thank you to a post.
Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

Accept or Kudo

Iain Kirk
Occasional Advisor

I have done this a number of times, mainly for recovery purposes, but not really had any issues.  What exactly is the porblem you are experiencing?

AndyDC
Visitor

I am not experience any problem I just can not get to boot from a sata port direclty from motherboard.

I have set the primary boot order to the sata and install try to restore windows image and doesn't work.

I have also buy a pci express card and try with that also doesn't work