1753922 Members
7691 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Proliant ML570 G2

Intellivin
Occasional Contributor

HP Proliant ML570 G2

Some of the SCSI hardrives have gone bad, with the red light indicating or some are just not lighting up. My question is I want to reinstall everything and start fresh but I'm afraid the system may crash if some of the other harddrives are bad as well, is there any tool or any method I could use to scan or determine if the other harddrives are bad as well ?

your help would be greatly appreciated

Orlando
3 REPLIES 3
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

If the hard drives are bad/failed, then it should cause the failure LED to light up. Insight Diagnostics has a good test for hard drives. I would recommend running that.

Running the Array Diagnostic Utility may provide additional information regarding marginal drives that haven't failed yet, but analyzing the output is not the easiest thing to do if you don't have much experience with it. I have found the easiest method to find drives that may be suspect is open the System Management Homepage and select the storage section. Select each drive and look at the "failure indicators" and "statistics" sections. All of the counters should generally be 0 (except for sectors written and read, obviously).
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Intellivin
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your useful information

Could you post a link for the Insight for Win2k3 ??

thanks in advance

Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

If you have Windows installed and have the support pack installed, then they are likely on the server already. Look under HP System Tools to find it.

This is also available from the diagnostics section of the Smart Start CD when you boot off of it.

If you don't already have it installed, you can get it from here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=3709945&prodSeriesId=1121598&prodNameId=3288176&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-8568be3925664b86bce96fac9f
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..