1753853 Members
7584 Online
108808 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Proliant Microserver and Broadcom NetXtreme operating at 100mbit

Matt Faraday

HP Proliant Microserver and Broadcom NetXtreme operating at 100mbit

Hi

My HP Microserver has Windows 7 64Bit installed and is only operating at 100mbit. It is connected to a Cisco 5 port gigabit switch, which with linux installed operates at 1000mbit but with Windows 7 it is only operating at 100mbit.

I replaced the microsoft driver for the NIC with one from the broadcom website for the NetXtreme I Server chipset but this also will only can operate at 100mbit.

Can you advise?
3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hey!

So what do you mean "operates"?
Is that the speed you see in Windows?
What if you go to device manager and change the speed? Do you see 1000Mbit /1Gbit there?
Matt Faraday

Hi

Thanks for the reply, yes by operates I mean that's the speed that Windows is reporting connection at.

I've also today replaced the driver with HPs NC107i driver and I can now see 1000Mbit/Full duplex in the list of available speeds when manually configuring the NIC but if I select it, it says cable unplugged and wont work.

I am however beginning to think that its probably the Cisco 5 port switch it is connected to as I also purchased the HP PCI-X NIC as well (this is an Intel NIC - the onboard one is Broadcom) and this too is reporting connection only at 100mbit and both of these devices previously displayed 1000mbit connection when running Ubuntu Server.

But both the switch and NIC have connected at 1000mbit before I just dont see why it wont do it in Windows 7.

Thanks

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

This might have something to do with that the microserver only supports RHEL and Windows Server operating systems.

See the quickspecs:

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13716_na/13716_na.HTML

.. But, did you try the drivers here: ?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=4310887тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=4248009&prodTypeId=15351