4731 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Proliant PCI-X PCI-Express

HenryV
Occasional Advisor

HP Proliant PCI-X PCI-Express

Hello All;

I hope someone can help understand what I need. I purchased a Proliant DL360 G6 and optionally I requested the PCI-X riser. I have found out that the SCSI card I planned to use will not work (64bit OS) so I purchased a PCI-Express SCSI card, how can I get the server back to PCI-Express. There does not seem to be something called a PCI-Express riser so what was there before I added the optional PCI-X riser

1 REPLY 1
Ali
HPE Pro

Re: HP Proliant PCI-X PCI-Express

Hi There,

DL360 G6 comes with 2 PCI-Express G2 Slot. however, you have an option to add PCI-X slot.

PCI-X Riser option = 518824-B21

NOTE: To convert full-length PCI-Express slot to PCI-X slot. This option kit is limited to PCI-X card support only.

So, you might have ordered the above part which converts PCI-Express slot to PCI-X slot.

As per Maintainence guides, following are the options available:

a) PCI-X riser board, x16  HP Spare: 535321-001 Optional

b) PCIe riser board, x8  HP Spare: 493803-001 Optional

c) PCIe riser board, x16  HP Spare: 493802-001 Optional

Please refer to server quickspecs : http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13235_na/13235_na.html

and service and maintainenance guide for more info

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01704762/c01704762.pdf

So you may go back to reseller from where you have purchased the additional PCI-X kit  to get back to the original/default PCI - Express option or log a call with HP if you still hold PCI-express riser board for reinstallation.

hope this helps,

thanks

Aftab

For Guided Troubleshooting please visit www.hp.com/support/hpgt

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base – Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo