ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752587 Members
3977 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Proliant - Post Error: 1792 Drive Array Reports Valid Data found in Arary Accelerator

buxarrai

HP Proliant - Post Error: 1792 Drive Array Reports Valid Data found in Arary Accelerator

Hi,

we have one issue detected in a ESX production.

This host is restarted within several days and in VirtualCenter it shows with message "Host is not Reponding" 

We already connected to the ILO searching errors and we've seen "HP Proliant - Post Error: 1792 Drive Array Reports Valid Data found in Arary Accelerator" into IML Log.

We have already applied a Diagnostic Test (with HP SmartStart) and no errors have been detected.

In ESX console, we see "cpu20:4127)ScsiDeviceIO: 4886: Get VPD 80 Inquiry for device "mpx.vmhba5:C0:T0:L0" from Plugin "NMP" failed. Not supported" warnings when the system restarted but no errors shows about it.

Could you help me?

Hardware Info : HP Proliant DL 585 G6

Thanks.

Best regards.

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: HP Proliant - Post Error: 1792 Drive Array Reports Valid Data found in Arary Accelerator

Hi,

POST Error: 1792-Drive Array Reports Valid Data Found in Array Accelerator... ...Data will automatically be written to drive array.

Possible Cause: Power was interrupted while data was in the array accelerator memory. Power was then restored within several days, and the data in the array accelerator was flushed to the drive array.

Action: No action is required. No data has been lost. Perform orderly system shutdowns to avoid leaving data in the array accelerator.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01451072

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Regarding "mpx.vmhba5:C0:T0:L0" as I understand mpx.vmhba5:C0:T0:L0 is Adapter: vmhba5 Channel: 0 Target: 0 LUN: 0

I had one case where the above info was read like this:
sata.vmhba5-sata.0:0-mpx.vmhba5:C0:T0:L0
   Runtime Name: vmhba5:C0:T0:L0
   Device: mpx.vmhba5:C0:T0:L0
   Device Display Name: Local TEAC CD-ROM (mpx.vmhba5:C0:T0:L0)
   Adapter: vmhba5 Channel: 0 Target: 0 LUN: 0
   Adapter Identifier: sata.vmhba5
   Target Identifier: sata.0:0
   Plugin: NMP
   State: active
   Transport: sata

Hope this helps.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Some more info from VMware:

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1014953

The command esxcfg-scsidevs -l generates a list of LUNs currently connected to the ESX host.
The comamnd esxcfg-scsidevs -m generates a compact list of the LUNs currently connected to the ESX host.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo