Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Proliant Serverdl350

Abbeyjojo
Occasional Visitor

HP Proliant Serverdl350

Hello anyone
My name is abbey, I hv got this issue anytime i turnon my proliant server, it comes up witht he eror massage (array in lockup state, due to hardware error, this will be in disable state until this failure is corrected) It newly bought, the only CD i can lay my hands on is the smartstart cd and the documentation, And also wen i run the smart start it doesn't discover the hard-disk, and when i boot with 2003server bootable disk it boot but complains abt inability to discover the hardware, so i tot it's somethng dat has to do with harddisk driver jst like Sata HD dat will not load unless you hv a sata enabled disk,But i am still not winning pls help me out I want to know what this error message means.... And wat i ca do to counter the array in luckup state. Tanks
3 REPLIES
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Proliant Serverdl350

Hi,

What is the error code from the controller?
Usually starts with like 17xx or so.

Lockup state can sometimes be solved by reseating the memory module on the controller.
Or the whole controller itself.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00300504/c00300504.pdf

Is a link to the Proliant Troubleshooting guide which might be able to help you if you see an error code from the controller :)

Is it an ML350 you have? What generation is it? What controller are you using?
Abbeyjojo
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your response,

It a smart array6i on board, It written G1 in the bios setup but i am a little bit confused bc wen i went to hp site dia was nothing like generation one, And it's a blade server for that matter, SO i beli blade server can not older than generation 4. Also can u explain what smart array,Raid controller(redundant array independent disk) does in servers, I mean there major functions,
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

"It a smart array6i on board, It written G1 in the bios setup but i am a little bit confused bc wen i went to hp site dia was nothing like generation one, And it's a blade server for that matter, SO i beli blade server can not older than generation 4. Also can u explain what smart array,Raid controller(redundant array independent disk) does in servers, I mean there major functions,"

Hi!

G1.. well I would suggest that you check again what model you have on your server. BL35p maybe? Blade servers come in most generations.

6i is good then. Do you have the possibility to take out the memory cache card or the whole controller and put it back in?
Firmware upgrade I would suggest trying too.

Major functions of a smart array/raid controller? Well..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_array_controller

might be able to tell you some more.

Basically, they allow you to use mirroring/striping/parity checks to get a higher fault tolerance or better performance.