1752570 Members
5364 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Proliant dl380 G6 GPU issues

Cappio-Elisio
Visitor

HP Proliant dl380 G6 GPU issues

So, I'm having trouble with my HP Proliant DL380 G6 server, I had a GTS250 in it for a while, the card was getting a bit old, and so I decided to upgrade, I ordered a GTS450 from ebay, when I put that it it didn't work, so I figured that it might have been a problem with the GTS450 itself, so I put back the GTS250 (which is working), but it didn't output anything, so I worried about the pcie riser itself, and so I tried with a gt7500 (or some passive card like that that doesn't require external power) and it worked, so I tried changing the power gpu cable, NOTHING, I can't get any GPU that requires extra power to work. Does anybody have a suggestion (I even tried updating the bios... nothing...)

4 REPLIES 4
support_s
System Recommended

Query: HP Proliant dl380 G6 GPU issues

System recommended content:

1. Advisory: HPE ProLiant Servers - On Systems Configured with an NVIDIA GPU With More Than 1 TB of Server Host Memory, GPU Options Will Not Function Properly

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

In addition to the advisory listed above, it is possible that the power supply that is installed in the server may not able to support cards that need more power. You may remove any other expansion cards, if installed, and check if the ones described by you work. Alternatively, if you have a power supply of a higher capacity, then install it. The HP ProLiant DL380 G6 Server QuickSpecs, section "Core Options > Power Supplies" show that it supports 460W, 750W, or 1200W power supplies. 

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Cappio-Elisio
Visitor

I have a 750w PSU, it should work, because the cards that I plugged in are
within the range of 150w that can be supplied by the 10 pin cable on the
motherboard.
And in the GPU kit installation guide it says that the 750w PSU is capable
of handling the GPU power delivery.
Kashyap02
HPE Pro

Are you using the same GPU power cable to connect to all of the GPUs ?

Have you tested these GPUs on any other server ?

Have you tried changing the GPU power cable to isolate ?

Have you used any HPE tested PCI cards which require additional power in this server for testing ?

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo