1748269 Members
3840 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Proliant hard disk smart errors.

OliverAdams
Occasional Contributor

HP Proliant hard disk smart errors.

Does anyone know a way to detect these via a script? Do they appear in the eventlogs at all?

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

Server? generation? OS?

waaronb
Respected Contributor

Like the other response mentioned, more info would be nice.

In Windows you could monitor the event logs... I've seen drive failures log something although I don't recall what it is off the top of my head.

You could also setup an SNMP trap, or just have HP SIM running and monitoring all your HP servers so you have a nice central place to get hardware status and send out emails or whatever alerts as needed.  As long as the target system has Proliant agents running, it can be monitored by SIM.

OliverAdams
Occasional Contributor

I support a variety of server models at the moment standard is ML 350 I think.  All of these servers are on different networks and I am trying to manage them from one central remote monitoring tool. I can detect operational status changes from wmi via powershell. We have a few servers that do not have hp smart array cards in and I am unsure how to monitor these. 

scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

I advice you to configure One server with HP SIM there you can monitor all your server's ;)

OliverAdams
Occasional Contributor

We are trying to use one central dashboard for all checks  backups, eventlogs, hardware checks and asset information. I am really looking for a way to get this info with a script. Could I configure a HP SIM server and then extract the information from there using wmi? Also can remote servers at completely separate locations? And is there a cost per node?

scharchouf
Trusted Contributor