New Discussion юеВ

HP Proliant ml350p gen8 not starting

JNKraft
Occasional Visitor

HP Proliant ml350p gen8 not starting

Hello!

Server failed to start after power off.

Could anybody help to decode?

System Power Fault Detected (XR: 24 00 MID: FF 0D DC FF EA FF FF 49 49 0C 0C 00 8A 90 00 01 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00)

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: HP Proliant ml350p gen8 not starting

Hello,

Do the power drain.( remove both power supplies and hold on power On switch for 30 Sec.)

Once the server is powering ON, update the server with the latest bios and firmware.

System board needs to be replace, if the issue still persist after bios and firmware update.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

JNKraft
Occasional Visitor

@SanjeevGoyal wrote:

Hello,

Do the power drain.( remove both power supplies and hold on power On switch for 30 Sec.)

Once the server is powering ON, update the server with the latest bios and firmware.

System board needs to be replace, if the issue still persist after bios and firmware update.

Thanks alot for answer!

Already did this, also tried to start server in any way (no ram, 1 ram, no extension cards, PSU interswap etc). On button push server starts with all green, after 2-3 seconds red "health" indicator lights on, shutdown. Repeats give no different result, no chance to furter load it to bios/fw flasing. I guess it's salvage time for this old pal. Thanks again!

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

If you already followed the suggested recommendations, I would suggest you have a proper case be logged with HPE, and share the appropriate logs for further analysis..

I think the system board needs to be replaced.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo