5276 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Prolliant D380 G6 GPU Passthrough

Nareshn2003
Occasional Contributor

HP Prolliant D380 G6 GPU Passthrough

Hi

I have HP proliant DL 380 G6 server and i installed Nvidia Quadro 2000 for GPU passthrough in Xenserver. Device is showing perfectly in VM and installs drivers fine and asking for reboot VM but after restarting i only see yellow exclamation mark on Quadro 2000 in Display adaptor in Device Manager.  

Same card is working fine in x3100 M5 server on same operating system.

Any idea why ?

6 REPLIES 6
TTr
Honored Contributor

Is there anything in the BIOS that would allow you to select the builtin or add-on video device as the default?

Page 66, 67 http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01705681&lang=en-us&cc=us

Nareshn2003
Occasional Contributor

It has three options for video. something like Embbed Display enable/disable,Secondary etc.  Currently i am getting display output from front display port. If i change the setting it also allow me to get display from Quadro card. 

Possiblities i checked for .

1) Install windows server 2012 + Nvidia Driver + Display output from Nvidia Port = Working 

2) Install XenServer + Passthrough GPU to VM + Install Driver = Not Working Yellow Bang

So it is not issue of power or card is not detected by system.  Any Idea ?

TTr
Honored Contributor

>...Embbed Display enable/disable,Secondary

The embedded display is the one on the motherboard. Did you disable it? That would force it to use the Nvidia when booting.

Are you using the correct driver? Is it installied successfully?

Nareshn2003
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I tried all three options . if i disable emebedded display and boot from nvidia then xensever doesnt show any gpu in list because xensever only allow gpu not shared to dom
Nareshn2003
Occasional Contributor

Any words from HP support team ? any settings in bios ?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@Nareshn2003 wrote:

Any words from HP support team ? any settings in bios ?

The community forums are user supported, if you want official HPE support you need to open a ticket http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/portal/site/hpsc

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!