3264 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SAS 72GB Part Number:443177-001

khuyen
Advisor

HP SAS 72GB Part Number:443177-001

Hi all,
I have ML370 G5 server with P400 Smart array controller. Yesterday, i used the Array Diagnostic Utility check hard disk and i see this message:
"SLOT 1 Smart Array P400 Controller ERROR REPORT: Port 2I, Box 1, Bay 6 ... S.M.A.R.T. predictive failure errors have been detected in the factory Monitor and Performance data."
what is "S.M.A.R.T"? and why it cause this problem?
Please help me fix this!
Thanks so much

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to  ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL). -HP Forum Moderator

7 REPLIES 7
TTr
Honored Contributor

What it is telling you is that the disk in bay #6, in the first disk enclosure, had some errors, probably timeouts or retries and maybe it will fail in the near future. You should either replace it or ensure your data is backed up regularly.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

S.M.A.R.T. is

Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology

more about this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-Monitoring,_Analysis_and_Reporting_Technology#Threshold_Exceeds_Condition

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
khuyen
Advisor

After i change another HDD at bay 6, i run HP Insight Diagnostics and Array Diagnostic Utility. And here is the result I recaive from them :

HP INSIGHT DIANOSTICS :
- Physical Hard Drive 3, Serial Number: P2V5A76A, Controller Serial Number: P61630E9SVC6J7
Passed

- Physical Hard Drive 4, Serial Number: 3NP2445B00009816C1KK, Controller Serial Number: P61630E9SVC6J7
FailedFri Jun 06 14:45:52 2008 : Controller has reported a critical performance threshold error on this drive

This drive has experienced/recorded error conditions reported by diagnosis and requires replacement.
Perform the following steps before replacing a drive:

Have a known good data backup.
Replace the failed drive with one that is the same as, or functionally equivalent to, the original drive.
Do not replace the drive if there is another drive that is failed, offline, or in the process of being rebuilt.
On non-Hot Plug drives make sure the replacement drive ID matches the original drive ID.
For further replacement procedures or help with identifying drive status, see the HP Smart Array Controller User Guide for your controller. The User Guide is available from hp.com.
To identify the failed drive, click on the 'Identify Drive' button below to flash the LED on this drive.

- Physical Hard Drive 1, Serial Number: 3NP226T300009815JG25, Controller Serial Number: P61630E9SVC6J7
FailedFri Jun 06 14:45:52 2008 : Controller has reported a critical performance threshold error on this drive

This drive has experienced/recorded error conditions reported by diagnosis and requires replacement.

Replace the failed drive with one that is the same as, or functionally equivalent to, the original drive.
Do not replace the drive if there is another drive that is failed, offline, or in the process of being rebuilt.
On non-Hot Plug drives make sure the replacement drive ID matches the original drive ID.
For further replacement procedures or help with identifying drive status, see the HP Smart Array Controller User Guide for your controller. The User Guide is available from hp.com.
To identify the failed drive, click on the 'Identify Drive' button below to flash the LED on this drive.

- Physical Hard Drive 2, Serial Number: 3NP2350P00009816PSNE, Controller Serial Number: P61630E9SVC6J7
FailedFri Jun 06 14:45:53 2008 : Controller has reported a critical performance threshold error on this drive

- Physical Hard Drive 8, Serial Number: 3NP2425A00009816C2TH, Controller Serial Number: P61630E9SVC6J7
Passed
- I have 8 HDDs conect to P400 Smart Controller but why it just dectect the Physical Hard Drive 3,4,1,2,8 ?????

ARRAY DIAGNOSTIC UTILITY ( please read the attach file for more detail)
Array Diagnostic Utility Version 7.85.16.0
Array Diagnostic Utility Inspection Report Version 7.85.16.0

Date/Time: Friday, June 06, 2008 2:56:49PM
Computer Model: HP Server

SLOT SUMMARY:
Slot Num Slot Type Array Controllers and Host Adapters Detected
-------- --------- --------------------------------------------
SLOT 1 PCI-E Smart Array P400 Controller

SLOT 1 Smart Array P400 Controller ERROR REPORT:

No problems detected
Please help me !!!! All hard disk don't show any red light !!!
Thanks so much.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

In case of doubt run ADU against your drives, open a support call and send the ADU result. You can even attach it here, maybe someone is able to read it and advise ...

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
TTr
Honored Contributor

Also check if the P400 has the latest firmware installed and that the ACU/ADU is the latest version.
khuyen
Advisor

Sorry, I miss attach it.
Thanks so much
khuyen
Advisor

I have just downloaded and installed the lastest version from HP:
- Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - Smart Array P400 and P400i
- HP ProLiant Array Diagnostics Utility for Windows
And make a diagnostic test with ADU :
The result :Background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress on this logical drive. If background parity initialization is queued, it will start when I/O is performed on the drive. When background parity initialization completes, the performance of the logical drive will improve.
With HP Insight Diagnostic : please read the attach file
Please help me fix this !!!
Thanks so much