1752685 Members
5452 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SMH IE8 "page cannot be displayed"

dirkdigs
Occasional Contributor

HP SMH IE8 "page cannot be displayed"

has any one resolved this . im getting page cannot be displayed hp system management homepage and IE8
12 REPLIES 12
THAKUR
Frequent Advisor

Can you please be more specific in question like Which OS and which PSP/SS you are using & also which server?
THAKUR
Frequent Advisor

We are using IE8 with Win7 and Win2K8 SP2 x64 bit, but we are getting the SMH appropriately..
Alborz-Mahmoodi
Frequent Advisor

HI ,
you should enable activeX.

Gladiator
Valued Contributor

SMH version 3.0 is not supported on IE8. Only SMH 6.0 and above is supported with IE8.

Regards
Sins
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Where does one get SMH "6.0"? I downloaded the lastest version of SMH from HP for Windows 2008 R2 and it reads only version "3.0.2.77".

When I connect to the SHM within Windows 2008 R2 using the default browser, which is IE 8, I get the error message as shown in the attached file.

HP claims 8.3 support pack is R2 compliant, but obviously it is not, according to this error message.

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Ah - nevermind, I missed the "Compatibility Mode" comment at the bottom of the error message.

Nelson
THAKUR
Frequent Advisor

8.3 is well supported for Win2K8 R2 with IE8. No doubt in that. I am getting all the data regarding configuration in SMH properly. Regarding Pop up, you need to check compatibility mode for IE8 which is kind of Microsoft problem. After clicking the OK button in Pop up box, please confirm that you are not getting all the data?
MR.T

Hello All,
please see the file in attachment, I get this error in SMH, my configuration is W2003R2 SP2 + IE8. I check the compatibility in IE of course but I obtain "certificat error" and nothing is recording in interface as you can see.
Thx for Help
Henry
Pogumirskiy Nikolay
Frequent Advisor

MR.T
You install OS without using SmartStart CD?
Try to install WBEM provider for Windows as data source for SMH.