ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752681 Members
5576 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HP SUM 6.0.1 issue upgrading System ROM : Node up to date. No applicable components found

Olivier427
Occasional Visitor

HP SUM 6.0.1 issue upgrading System ROM : Node up to date. No applicable components found

Hi,

I'm trying to use HP SUM 6.0.1 to deploy a System ROM update on a ProLiant DL380 G6 server. It's an ESXi server running VSphere 5.1. I want to upgrade the server BIOS from version P62 2011.05.05 to version P62 2013.07.02.

Using the new HP SUM 6 web interface, I go in the menu, then Nodes. I configure the node, then I add a baseline to it which is the iso image SPPMDSLRH2013090.2013_0830.5.iso mounted in /opt/hp/spp.

Then, when I run Inventory on the node it comes back with "Node up to date. No applicable components found". But it's wrong, it should figure out that the System ROM P62 2013.07.02 in the baseline is more up to date than version P62 2011.05.05 and then suggest to update it, right ?

Am I missing a step here ?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: HP SUM 6.0.1 issue upgrading System ROM : Node up to date. No applicable components found

I think you need a different baseline:

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/products/service_pack/spp/index.aspx

open OS Supplements

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Olivier427
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP SUM 6.0.1 issue upgrading System ROM : Node up to date. No applicable components found

Thanks for your reply Torsten.

I have tried using the version of SPP that you pointed me at (VMware vSphere 5 Supplement for HP Service Pack for ProLiant). This baseline contains System ROM updates for DL380 G7 and after running the inventory HP SUM suggests me to update the BIOS. So this part works well.

However, the servers I'm trying to update are DL380 G6 not G7, and the VMware specific baseline doesn't contain the System ROM updates for G6s.

So I tried to create a custom baseline out of the last full SPP image (the one that's 3GB) and to select only the System ROM update for DL380 G6. Then, when I run the inventory on my server, it fails to see the update needed on the System ROM (from version P62 2011.05.05 to version P62 2013.07.02).

I'm going to keep digging...