ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748185 Members
4299 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP SUM "Failed to add baseline" No default baseline found.

switch6343
Occasional Advisor

I also was wondering a long time how this works. But I found out how you can  define a baseline.

Open HP System Management Homepage > click on  HP Version Control Repositary Manager > click on the Cataglog tab > click on  create a custom software baseline.

morojo

Where do I find that page? Having the same issue here.

AaronK
Frequent Advisor

I'm having the same problem periodically with the new Feb 2014 SPP ISO. Booting from iLO Remote Media is Automatic Update Mode. (See ScreenShot) It works about 90% of the time, but some servers do this. I have update the iLO firmware to the latest and greatest. Happens on G7 and Gen8.

SChiz

Exact same issue here as in your screenshot. Except this one's a G6...

Ray Schleicher
Occasional Contributor

I got around this by downloading the full (not just Windows) ISO and copying the contents to a temp folder on my HDD.  I then went to the baseline library and browsed for the swpackages folder (in my case C:\HP_SPP\hp\swpackages).  I started at the root of C: and drilled down to swpackages, because leaving it at its default location (already at swpackages) didn't work.  After doing that and clicking "Add", a baseline was added to my Baseline Library, and I could use it to do an inventory.

I have run into another issue that I haven't worked through yet regarding analysis and deployment.  I can analyse, but the deploy button never becomes clickable.  If anyone has a fix for this, please let me know.

Filmont79

Same problem as above.  I've tried both Firefox and Internet Explorer, tried both a local and a network admin account, using the clear-cache.bat didn't work.  Any updates on this issue?

micmax
Advisor

Try to download SPP 2014.02, hope this help you!

Maurizio Di Vita
Established Member

Select "Baseline Library" in "HP Smart Update Manager 6.2.0" main menù and then specify this BL (SPP) in inventory task.

IanM
Occasional Contributor

This is completely crazy. I have this problem: "Controller with Flash-Backed Write Cache from Halting During Power-On Self Test with POST Error 1783 After a Power Loss" but the solution listed is to run an *online* flash firmware update - obviously an imposssible task if the controller isn't responding.

I found an offline update which could work... but its an .scexe, with no indication of how to install it.

so I fell back to trying the hpsum offline utility... and have been banging my head against what has got to be one of the most unfriendly, impossible to use tools I've ever found.

Whats wrong with a simple button 'Update my server' or a list of updates with 'install me' buttons. This baseline rubbish is totally incomprehensible and the tool just plain doesn't work. Nothing seems to let me add the obligitory baseline - without any indication of what its actually looking for. 

Didn't they consider that someone may not have a baseline to start with?

Bizarrely I had downloaded a version called HPSUMCB620.2014_0130.11.iso, which was a sprightly 545Mb. Here in this thread everyone is saying we should download  version 2014_02 - which weighs in at no less than 3.2Gb! What on earth happened over the course of a month or two between the two versions?

<frustrated and surrounded by angry clients>

Sergeype

First, you must create baseline in "baseline library"

Then, dont forget to go to "Nodes" menu and add this baseline in "general" menu

then "inventory" this node, then "deploy" updates