ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752806 Members
5882 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP SUM "Failed to add baseline" No default baseline found.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

SPP 2014.10 is just a content update for SPP 2014.09, not bootable.

You need to merge the update into the 2014.09 version, e.g. by creating a custom bundle.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
raf2
Frequent Advisor

I've been working with Proliants since 1996... why in the heck hasn't HP made this a completely logical and bullet proof process? Just finding what software and process you need on hp.com is mind numbing to begin with. Now with my BL460G8's I'm running into this same **bleep** issue. They all run ESXi 5.5 so a nice Windows online version is not available.

I've been a big proponent of HP and Bladesystem since it came out.. but this crap makes me sick. The OA doesn't show anything but system ROM and power controller firmware. The only place you can find Flexfabric adapter firmware is to sit through a slowwwwww boot process.

HP get your act together and simplify!

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

You could try EFM - enclosure firmware management - with your blades, available in the OA menu tree.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

Charlie K. (PL)
Advisor

I have Proliant DL360 G6 I had the same problem when I used Smart Update Manager 2014.08 offline (remotely via ILO 2 - as .iso file).

I solved this with: Service Pack for ProLiant v2014.09.0  DVD (.iso) - but it were no Internet connection and patches were too old. And finally with Service Pack for ProLiant v2015.04.0 DVD (.iso) - there were firmware update (HP SUM) in version 7.2 . Then it was properly resognized everything and updated me almost everything. But still no Internet connection...

Generaly - I service Compaq and HP servers for almost 20 years. And find currently tool to update firmwares as "**bleep**ty uitility". Sorry, but older tools where more reasonable. And impossibility to connect from DVD Linnux tool to Internet via LAN with DHCP server - at 2015 years is simply ridiculous sittuation... HP - SHAME YOU !!!
tfrg
Occasional Visitor

I echo all the sentiments here - the SPP (or PSP, whatever the hell it's called) is a nightmare to use. I mean, it's awful.

I'm trying to put it on a DL380 Gen9 with Win 2008 R2 (fully updated. 

So, to start with it just plain doesn't work with IE. This would be enough to stuff most users but I persevered and installed FireFox. Now with FF the buttons do work, clicking 'Browse...' doesn't reset the webpage like it does under IE, but it won't recognise the baseline in the \swpackages folder. So I go back and try an Automatic update thinking it would just go off and update as required. But it can't as there's no baseline. And I can't add one as it says there's no baseline in the \swpackages folder. 

And for some reason my mouse and keyboard response is simply shocking while running HP SUM. Just locks up for a second every second, clicks only register if I click half a dozen times. 

So eventually I find myself here. I follow the instructions (from forum contributors btw, not the official HP blurb) and finally get it to run an inventory. I cannot assign \swpackages as a repository so I have to use hp.com which means, despite the fact that I must have most of the required software already on the server, it has to go off to hp.com and download it all. 

This has been a very painful and frustratin experience. I haven't used HP since the Gen5 days and back then, with the PSP, I remember it being quite simple. Not now though, now it's just awful. Cannot believe the SPP update doesn't work with the default browser included on the OS. 

Also, while I am at it, the HP website is still as crap as ever - slow, sometimes unresponsive, and far more difficult than it needs to be to find the bit of software that you want. 

HP - you need to sort your life out! Unless this is all a ploy to frustrate users to the point that they are forced to call in an HP engineer to do it. All at extra cost, of course...

Duncan

apfffr
Occasional Visitor

I got the exact same problem, almost three years after the first occurance and I think it does not speak for HP that they seem not having been able to change the download package till now. Very sad

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

>> I got the exact same problem, almost three years after the first occurance

Exactly the same problem with exactly the same old version like the initial post from 2013?

Wow!

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

Thomas Boomer
Visitor

I had this problem too and I solved it. The instructions tell you to mount the SPP iso file, and run launch_sum.bat . The problem is this file requires admin priv in order to run. 

You have to right click launch_sum.bat and select Run as Administrator. It is that simple. 

Thomas Boomer
Visitor

Run the bat file, As Administrator. Use update localhost in automatic mode. 

adamtormey

Tremendously helpful