1748134 Members
3461 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

HP SUM utility - custom baseline missing iLO firmware

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

HP SUM utility - custom baseline missing iLO firmware

I have created a custom baseline for use with HP SUM 7.3.  I only support Windows ProLiant servers, so I dont want all the Linux, blade, and storage updates in the baseline (which slows down the discovery process).  I made sure I selected "iLO" in the filter, but for whatever reason the iLO firmware are also skipped in every custom baseline I create.

So I manually copied the three iLO firmware packages to the custom basline folder (ilo 2/3/4) and it now finds them in the inventory.  However, the "current version" column fails to detect what is already installed and shows "CHIF Needed" instead.  So it always tells me the iLO needs updating even if it is already at the current version.  I have confirmed the iLO management driver is installed (which I believe is what the CHIF is), so I dont understand why it says a CHIF is needed.

Does anyone know how to sucessfully include the iLO firmware in a custom baseline as two avoid the two problems I describe above?

Thanks

Nelson

1 REPLY 1
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SUM utility - custom baseline missing iLO firmware

I just noticed that using the HP Service Pack (instead of a custom baseline) it reports CHIF needed as well.  So apparently this has nothing to do with using a custom baseline.

Nelson