1753448 Members
6256 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SYSTEM HOMEPAGE problem

Kevin Hittle_1
Advisor

HP SYSTEM HOMEPAGE problem

I have a new DL360 G5 and loaded it via Smartstart. HP SIM is not reporting properly. For a test I unplugged one of the power supplies. It reported in the EVENT VIEWER that reduntant power is lost but never reported it. I looked at the HP SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT HOMEPAGE and none of the boxs (See Attached screenshot) with the status of the NIC/Array/Memory/ETC will display....Not sure why.

Any help would be appreciated.
15 REPLIES 15
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

do you have the SNMP Service installed and configured?

check the attached file and also this thread

the attached says how to configure SNMP service which is used by SMHP

thread, that guy had the same issue and the SNMP was not configured

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1166119

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Kevin Hittle_1
Advisor

I do have SNMP configured via GPO. It is a private community trap with a specifed destination. Also security is configured.

Kev
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

can you check the SMHP log?

regards
Kevin Hittle_1
Advisor

If I click the LOGS tab in SNHP...it just has the version control logs.

Kev
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

check carefully the thread I linked.

it can be SNMP or an agent that is causing that, in that thread there is a customer advisory tta you can check also.

regards
Kevin Hittle_1
Advisor

Well, I uninstalled all HP agents...etc...from add remove programs. Uninstalled SNMP. And reinstalled SNMP and psp 7.91....still did not work.

However I did notice this little item in the event viewer:

EVENT ID 1123

System Information Agent: Health: Post Errors were detected. One or more Power-On-Self-Test errors were detected during server startup.
[SNMP TRAP: 6027 in CPQHLTH.MIB]

Could that have anything to do with this...
Kevin Hittle_1
Advisor

Also, I checked the Advisory that you linked and it speaks to agent errors in the log for SMHP. I have no logs however with any errors in SMHP.

One other last thing is SNMP is setup via GPO. It only adds community name and a trap destination on the TRAPS tab and on the SECURITY TAB it puts the custom community name with READ WRITE rights and puts the TRAP destination in the ACCEPT SNMP packets from these hosts.

I really don't think the setup of SNMP has anything to do with this problem. The local machine cannot see its own problems.

Kevin
Kevin Hittle_1
Advisor

Also, I checked the Advisory that you linked and it speaks to agent errors in the log for SMHP. I have no logs however with any errors in SMHP.

One other last thing is SNMP is setup via GPO. It only adds community name and a trap destination on the TRAPS tab and on the SECURITY TAB it puts the custom community name with READ WRITE rights and puts the TRAP destination in the ACCEPT SNMP packets from these hosts.

I really don't think the setup of SNMP has anything to do with this problem. The local machine cannot see its own problems.

Kevin
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

what if you try an older verison from PSP?

7.7 - 7.8

right now the latest are 7.90 - 7.91

if you do it

you need to unistall SNMP service and all hp programs (from ADD/Remove programs)

install again SNMP and try PSP

regards