5733 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Servers installed without using SmartStart and SNMP

larryb
Advisor

HP Servers installed without using SmartStart and SNMP

Good Morning all!
We have inherited several remote HP servers with Windows 2003R# STD, apparently these were installed without using SmartStart. We have been able to install the firmware and agents using the SmartStart 8.0 support pack. ILO has also been configured.

The problem is with the HP system management SNMP agents. When we open the web site we do not see any server information. I have checked the services and the following are installed.

HP Insight Event Notifier
HP Insight Foundation Agents
HP Insight NIC Agents
HP Insight Server Agents
HP Insight Storage Agents
HP Prolient remote Monitor service
HP System management home page
HP Version Control Agent
HP WMI storage Providers
SNMP Service

We have other servers where this was installed correctly and it works great. Can anyone suggest how to get the SNMP agents working on the machines that were installed without SmartStart.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Larry
3 REPLIES 3
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Servers installed without using SmartStart and SNMP

Most likely the SNMP service security has not been configured properly. If you are using hP SIM, you can use the "Configure or Repair Agents" tool to correct this. Otherwise, make sure to define in the SNMP service a read-only string that will respond to localhost and your management station at a minimum (and give that string to HP SIM or other console) and a read-write string that responds to localhost.
larryb
Advisor

OK Thank you I figured it out. I went to the services.msc and found the SNMP service for windows. selected properties and was able to configure the SNMP useing the tabs provied.

Thank you for your help.

Larry
larryb
Advisor

See above