1748058 Members
5042 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Service Pack for ProLiant

bellymonster_1
Occasional Contributor

HP Service Pack for ProLiant

I was looking for the latest bundle of firmware for our blade chassis and it stated on the website that a new method of firmware upgrades will soon be available called HP Service Pack for Proliant.

It states it should be available by the end of August 2011 but I can't see any links to download anything?

Searching google doesn't provide anymore information.

Heres the link to the page http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/spp/index.html

Anyone know more about it?

25 REPLIES 25
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Just a little patience I assume... Initially it was announced end July, afterwards it was postponed to end August...

I saw this as a demo at HP Discover under NDA so I cannot tell everything but it will be a big step forward!

See at is the PSP and HP SUM all together with the Firmware CD all in 1 new package, for all Proliant servers...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi again,

I just got an update from HP itself, it seems that the first release will be postponed untill late september, early october...

It all has to do with the fact that new critical patches were released recently and that they need to be added in the initial SPP.

Further is HP checking that all websites are changed and pointing to the new SPP... Seems to be quite a lot...

So a little patience untill early october!

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jase4772
Regular Advisor

Hi,

I was just wondering about this myself as I've been waiting for a new firmware and smartstart dvd for a while now so this explains the lack of an update.

Sounds really good though!

Thanks

Jase

bellymonster_1
Occasional Contributor

I can be patient - as long it's as good as it sounds!

What I really want to know is how easy it makes updating a blade enclosure. Our enclosures are way way behind on firmware patches mainly because the procedure to update them is so complex and time consuming.

Fingers crossed this will simplify things, unless of course I need to get our kit upto a certain firmware level before it works :-(

Jase4772
Regular Advisor

I'm still waiting for HP to release a firmware update for the G7 Blades network card to resolve a PXE TFTP timeout issue. I think they've fixed it in test but my thinking now is that they're not releasing it until this new updaters out. Annoying!

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

The upgrade procedure will become much easier since everything will be done now from 1 HP SUM which will have all components inside... Also dependencies are known...

Though, I am doing it now for several customers and if you follow the procedure blades-ILO-OA-VC modules, normally there should not go anything wrong...

Off course, if the original situation is a mesh of a little bit everything you should take care upfront regarding reboots and so but as such I do nog see any issues... Maybe also since I have done it already +100 of times... ;-)

Kr,

Bart

d3vnul
Frequent Advisor

***Available first of October, 2011***

Unfortunately it's 3rd of October and still nothing , not even another post-poned message. Looks like someone is lazy :)

Anthony_137
Frequent Advisor

5th october and no spp...

Antho
d3vnul
Frequent Advisor

I had a talk today with HP and they told me that i was posponed again to 14th November.