1751875 Members
5275 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Service Pack for ProLiant

Jase4772
Regular Advisor

I'm still waiting for HP to release a fw fix for a TFTP timeout issue with BL460c G7's. I was hoping to see the fix released as part of this SPP release but sadly HP is moving at their usual slow pace. Wouldn't be as bad if I'd not seen a post saying they'd tested it internally and it was fixed!!! 

Dave73
Regular Advisor

Unattended installation with SPP2011090.2011_0930.13 results in a black screen during installation on  DL380G7.

Gerardo_Arceri
Advisor

Used unnatended firmware update mode on a BL620c G7 and noticed that instead of rebooting after upgrading, SPP will leave the server in a black screen with an X11 cursor, and i have to reboot it manually. Is this normal ?

Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

Seems to be a bug with this SPP that you have to reboot manually at the end of automatic/unattended mode. Three people (Dave73, Gerardo_Arceri and me) have this issue.

IMHO this makes this release of SPP quite useless...
So is anybody from HP listening? Will there be a fix soon?

edit:

SPP version 2012.01.0 with HP SUM 5.0.0 coming soon

Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

The new SPP is now finally available for download: http://www.hp.com/go/spp

It reboots properly in automatic mode for me (tested with a DL385 G2).

Renjiv
Respected Contributor

Hi,

Check out below link for Guided Troubleshooting Guide for SPP

http://h20584.www2.hp.com/hpgt/guides/select?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=5104018&lang=en&cc=us

You may go to HPGT link: www.hp.com/support/hpgt

Go to Software> HP System and Server Software Management Software › HP Service Pack for ProLiant

This will help you in getting a complete idea about SPP and the different methods for updating firmware in Proliant and Blade systems.

Regards,

Renji V

Was this post useful? -
To say thanks click the "thumbs up" icon below!!! .....