6274 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Smart Array 6400 Controller

SOLVED
Go to solution
James Dogbey

HP Smart Array 6400 Controller

Could you provide me with the solution to resolve a problem on an HP Proliant ML370 G4? with the following Error Details:

1783-Slot1 Array Controller is in a lock-up state due to hardware configuration failure. (Controller is disabled until this problem is resolved)
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi James,

According to the ProLiant troubleshooting guide here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00300504/c00300504.pdf

that problem is described like so. I'm guessing you've mistyped 1784 as 1783...

1784-Slot X Array Controller is in lock-up state due to a hardware configuration failure. (Controller is disabled until this problem is resolved.)

Audible Beeps: None
Possible Cause: One or more hardware subsystems failed to initialize properly.

Action: Reboot the server. If the problem still exists and a cache memory module is attached to the controller, replace the cache memory module and reboot the server.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
James Dogbey

Hi Rob:

Thanks ever so much for the help! I tried the solution you gave me. I replaced the cache memory module and rebooted the server, but still the server did not boot properly.

The error 1783-Slot X Array Controller is in lock-up state due to a hardware configuration failure, (Controller is disabled until this problem is resolved) persists.

After downloading and reading the error codes in the HP Proliant Servers Troubleshooting Guide, I have resolved to replace the HP Smart Array 6400 controller with a new one. Since I don't have one in stock right now, I have ordered for one and hope to receive it soon.

The link to the guide helped me a lot, and I highly appreciate it Rob.

I will keep you informed through this thread when I receive the replacement and install same.

Thanks.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Glad to be of assistance. Remember to say thankyou by assigning points...

Cheers,

Rob
Andrew Young_2
Honored Contributor

Hi James

There are three possible causes for this problem. Firstly and the most common is that the Firmware on the controller is corrupt. The HP fix is to replace it.

Secondly is that both the internal and external connectors for a channel are in use. You can only use the internal or external connector for a channel but not both.

Lastly there could be a termination problem on one of the devices or a problem with the cable itself. Since the ML370 G4 backplane is self terminating this is unlikely.

Regards

Andrew Y
Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes