1751978 Members
4642 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Smart Array E200i Controller Failure

Shawa
Occasional Contributor

HP Smart Array E200i Controller Failure

I have a Brand New Prolioant ML350 G5 with HP Smart Array E200i Controller. It has 2X72GB HDD and 3X146GB HDD. When I booted it, it kept going for about 3 minutes on Slot 0 HP Smart Array E2001 Controller Initializing. Then it gave 1783 - Slot 0 Drive Array Controller Failure! [Controller Self-test failure]

I want to install Windows Server 2003 R2 using SmartStart CD 8.15 but now I cannot. Please help.
7 REPLIES 7
Taifur
Respected Contributor

Re: HP Smart Array E200i Controller Failure

Hi Lawrence,

At first you can check it by changing Array battery.
Or , You need to replace the system board as the array controller is interegated with system board.So, you can contact with HP for replacing the system board.

If it helps you, pls assign point.

Rgds//
Taifur
goldeng
Frequent Advisor

We had a problem with a ML310. With the same controller.

It blue screened on trying to install the OS Win2003 Using both vrsions of the HP Smart Array 8.10-8.15.

We had to install the OS using the OS cds and pressing F6 on the setup for installing a scisi and third party controllers.
goldeng
Frequent Advisor

We had a problem with a ML310. With the same controller.

It blue screened on trying to install the OS Win2003 Using both vrsions of the HP Smart Array 8.10-8.15.

We had to install the OS using the OS cds and pressing F6 on the setup for installing a scisi and third party controllers.

If the server is new speak to HP support they should try and resolve the issue or even send you a new card out if you bought it from them
Shawa
Occasional Contributor

Thanks guys for the response. ok where do I get the drivers for the SCSI for this controller if I have to install using OS Windows server 2003?
goldeng
Frequent Advisor

Hi Lawrence

You can get it from HP downloaded drivers software and firmware.

Download the driver for the controller.

Cheer James
Shawa
Occasional Contributor

Ok thanks. I went to http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3279711&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121586&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005#113214

I downloaded the HP ProLiant Smart Array SAS/SATA Controller Driver for Windows Server 2003, but it does not work when I do the F6 function and load it.
goldeng
Frequent Advisor

Hi Lawrence

Have you extracted the .exe to a location on another pc saved the contents of the .exe to a removable device i.e a floppy disk then afte pressing f6 and it asks you to for the drivers point them to the floppy disk.

Cheers James