ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753701 Members
4884 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Smart Array P420i with Samsung 845 DC Pro Series ssd-disks in a Raid1 Setup?

jorbil
Frequent Collector

HP Smart Array P420i with Samsung 845 DC Pro Series ssd-disks in a Raid1 Setup?

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can verify that the HP P420i array controller sitting in my dl360p gen8 is fully compatible with the new Samsung 845 DC Pro Series ssd-disks?. I'm about to buy two of those configuring them in a Raid1 setup but before I do that I do want to know if they will work 100%. I have read that former Samsung 840 Evo/Pro disks could have some issues with this controller causing both write-locks and loosing all raid configuration (disks reported in degraded mode). Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
RbBsmn
Regular Advisor

Re: HP Smart Array P420i with Samsung 845 DC Pro Series ssd-disks in a Raid1 Setup?

HP servers do not support 3rd party (non hp branded) disks, so there is no way of being sure it will work without issues.
Did my post help? Thank me with kudo's! :)
jorbil
Frequent Collector

Re: HP Smart Array P420i with Samsung 845 DC Pro Series ssd-disks in a Raid1 Setup?

Hello,

Yes I know they are not officially supported by HP since they are not HP-branded, but I was hoping someone out there have already tried using these disks 845 DC Evo/Pro series in a raid setup with a P420 and could share their findings. Since the disks are made for the DataCenter, hence the name DC, my guess is they will work without any problems but I'm not bold enough to buy a couple of them not knowing in advance that there will be a good chance they will work without any issues.