New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Smart Array P440ar disk Non authenticated after update and remove disk

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mark14
Occasional Visitor

HP Smart Array P440ar disk Non authenticated after update and remove disk

Hello,

I have a problem with my HP ProLiant ML350 Gen9 server. After update firmware P440ar one of eight oryginal disks (HP 1TB MM1000FBFVR) is alerting. Logs below:

Warning: Device carrier authentication failed. This is not an authentic HPE carrier. I/O operations to the device will not be affected, but the Smart Array controller will not control the LEDs to this device. 

Option ROM POST Information: 1709-Slot 0 Drive Array - One or more drives could not be authenticated as genuine drives. Smart Array will not control the LEDs to these drives.

I tried to replace disk slots, downgrade firmware but problem still exists. Problem exist since I removed these disk from slot and move it again.

P.S

Server does not have SAS Expander, only Smart Array Controller P440ar

2 REPLIES 2
Sebasbin
HPE Pro

Hello Mark14,

Please try some bacic troubleshooting steps,

1.  Shut down the server and remove the power cord.
2. Reseat all hard drives.
3. Reseat smart array controller ,cables between the controller and drive cage.
4. Please update the firmwares by using below Service Pack for ProLiant(SPP) Version 2018.09.0

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_f5b44d8af3f8451bb72bc3357e 

If issue is persist after performed the above steps ,please get it log a support case with HPE for further troubleshooting/Log analysis

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Mark14
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Hi, after replace disk cage/adapter for new, problem has been resolved.